Wednesday, March 28, 2012

LAME CARVE!!!!!


                                 
                       

                          


FINALLY, my issue of LAME CARVE 1.1 came in the post. With a sweet stamp, Van Gogh lookin' like he bout to chop that ear off. shhhhhhit.  Solid skate nerd zine from my good friend Ron Ron (Mr. Cotê) with a couple of old ads and skate photos that really brought me back. Remember that time Tom Penny (pretty much) made a comeback in the mid 2000's? Well its in there. Heath Kirchart kf bs lipping rails really really well before anyone else? Thats in there too. AVE, Kalis and a surprise appearance from Karl Watson(psyched) all grace the pages of 1.1. If you ever wanna talk to anyone about obscure skate magazine ads or old (or new for that matter) skate parts, contact the maker of this zine.
Pages 14+15 labelled "confusing art"can go any way you like. I see a Batman mask in a landfill. What do you figure? Maybe a huge tidal wave due to climate change ripping through a coastal town? Maybe?
Psyched on the first issue and I'm told by Ron (ref: white belly shaking video) that issue 2 is in the works and I can't wait to get that in the mail too. Also, beside myself with excitement to skateboard with Mr Cotê net weekend. Soul Carve. Lame Carve.
PS watch the video of Ron with the volume turned up, its a lot more satisfying.

No comments:

Post a Comment